Important Notice

Sorry, this is still in maintenance!

Hi and welcome to my blog!

If you are a first-time visitor, or looking for the posts I consider most important ('cause I'm posting a lot), please go here or click "About Me" at the top of the page!
Otherwise just have fun!


Montag, 15. April 2013

Boston Marathon

Most of you have probably already heard of the news, but let me tell you, it was really scary to come home, log onto twitter and immediately see all the #prayforboston...
I didn't even know what had happened at that point, I just knew it was bad, and seriously, my good mood has probably never evaporated quicker.

What's happened?
Two bombs went off at the finish line of the Boston Marathon, killing two - one of them only eight years old - and injuring over 100.

I was really shocked at first, and then I realized it's Boston - a girl I've gotten to know over the last weeks goes to Harvard, but fortunately she's okay.

But you will be able to hear the bad news everywhere most likely, so let me tell you one of the nice things in the face of the tragedy:
Immediately after the bombing, lots of people didn't run away from the tragedy, but rather towards it to help, and there are reports about runners finishing and then immediately going to donate blood.

It is shocking and horrific, though we can't forget this:

Boston. Fucking horrible.
I remember, when 9/11 went down, my reaction was, “Well, I’ve had it with humanity.”
But I was wrong. I don’t know what’s going to be revealed to be behind all of this mayhem. One human insect or a poisonous mass of broken sociopaths.
But here’s what I DO know. If it’s one person or a HUNDRED people, that number is not even a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the population on this planet. You watch the videos of the carnage and there are people running TOWARDS the destruction to help out. (Thanks FAKE Gallery founder and owner Paul Kozlowski for pointing this out to me). This is a giant planet and we’re lucky to live on it but there are prices and penalties incurred for the daily miracle of existence. One of them is, every once in awhile, the wiring of a tiny sliver of the species gets snarled and they’re pointed towards darkness.
But the vast majority stands against that darkness and, like white blood cells attacking a virus, they dilute and weaken and eventually wash away the evil doers and, more importantly, the damage they wreak. This is beyond religion or creed or nation. We would not be here if humanity were inherently evil. We’d have eaten ourselves alive long ago.
So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, “The good outnumber you, and we always will."
Patton Oswalt (on Facebook)

I'm signing off here!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Due to incredible amounts of spam I had to put the security question back on - I'm sorry :)