Important Notice

Sorry, this is still in maintenance!

Hi and welcome to my blog!

If you are a first-time visitor, or looking for the posts I consider most important ('cause I'm posting a lot), please go here or click "About Me" at the top of the page!
Otherwise just have fun!


Freitag, 24. Mai 2013

Cancer Week!

Yes, I'm back!

Sorry it's taken me so long, but my wrists are perking up again, so I was trying to limit my writing (still to impatient, which is not conducive to healing, I know, I know)

This week was Cancer Week here at KSS, starting on Tuesday after the long weekend (Victoria Day; Queen Victoria's birthday) with a info meeting in the gym--the whole school was present, all ~1,600 Students, and we heard some emotional accounts from teachers with experience--through spouses or children--of cancer, and one student who has had cancer since she was five, and then they called upon us to shave our heads.

Mom said no, so I did what I could: I sponsored another International who shaved his head.
Wednesday, there was a drive-thru breakfast somewhere (I don't know where exactly) and something else yesterday, and today at lunch, there was (okay, they're still going) the head shavers.

It's a pretty big deal; some twenty or thirty students are shaving their heads and most of the school is outside watching people become bald... I was outside for a bit, before I decided squinting through the student mass just wasn't worth it.

But it's pretty amazing how it unites the whole school to raise money for cancer!

1 Kommentar:

  1. Hi Sweety,
    Mom said "no" cutting your hairs?
    Why don't you ask me?

    AntwortenLöschen

Due to incredible amounts of spam I had to put the security question back on - I'm sorry :)